bananananas

Books & Bananas

I love reading and eating fruit of all kinds.
SPOILER ALERT!

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, Book 4)

Magic Bleeds - Ilona Andrews

Kate Daniels has definitely grown on me since the first book of this series. As the series has progressed, Ilona Andrews has demonstrated an increasing and improving writing ability, which makes the books more enjoyable to read.

I think that the reason I liked this installment so much is because the "big bad" had very personal ties to Kate. Along those same lines, Kate's secret is getting out to more people, and pretty soon she will be discovered by her father. Probably not in the next book, which I'm hoping will see Kate take down Hugh d'Ambray, but definitely soon, especially since (as far as I can tell) Ilona Andrews only has two or three more books left in this series. Obviously, if it proves to do well, it's possible that the authors could write more.

Overall, this book was enjoyable. Kate opens up to more people and therefore seems more human. We learn more about how the Pack works, and see a different side to Curran. There were just enough loose ends left over at the end, such as Naaemah's story line and Andrea's lack of contact after the big fight scene at the end.

I liked that the authors spent a good portion of the book focusing on the doomsday element. I definitely got the feeling that life was coming to an end and that there wasn't much Kate could do except fight her aunt and probably lose. The authors really conveyed the feeling of helpless inevitability. I'm looking forward to the next installment in this series.